Hotel Engine, Denver CO- Director of Engineering
MARCH 2016 - PRESENT
Over the past 3 years I've progressed from Front End Engineer on a small team to my current Director role.
I've worked to grow the team, improve the architecture, and scale the app as the company has grown its
revenue by 1,500% and its user base by 3,100%.
- Managed an in-place migration of our members app from Angular 1 to React without halting feature
- Lead a re-implementation of I/O bound hotel search services from Rails to Node.js on AWS Lambda, reducing
response time by 40% and hosting costs by $2,000 a month.
- Mentored junior developers and grew department from one 5 person team to 3 separate product-focused teams.
- Designed and developed RESTful APIs for integration with several partner booking platforms, adding a new
low-overhead revenue stream.
- Refactored "desktop" and "mobile" websites to a single responsive layout.
- Built a React Native app as an alternative to the previous mobile website to improve the experience for
Node.js (Hapi, Express) / React / React Native / Jest / AngularJS /
TypeScript / Postgres / Serverless / Heroku / AWS Lambda / CircleCI
FSW.com, Englewood CO- Software Engineer
JANUARY 2013 - MARCH 2016
I was responsible for development of the e-commerce website, related tools for merchandising & SEO, and
- Refactored from adaptive (mobile/tablet/desktop) rendering to a responsive design.
- Integrated Cloudinary as a CDN to provide our design team flexibility in product image sizes.
- Designed and implemented load balancing, blue/green deployments, and a split testing system using Ansible
- Integrated AngularJS in key parts of the site to improve the experience of highly dynamic pages.
- Designed and implemented a tagging system to replace the previous category tree to provide the SEO team
more flexible routing and merchandising tools.
multiple teams with varying specialties.
AngularJS / ASP.NET / MSSQL / Node.js (Hapi) / Jenkins / Ansible / Nginx